The Awana Commander at Parkview E Free is Shaun Nielsen. Awana is a nondenominational ministry that assists churches in reaching children and teenagers with the gospel of Jesus Christ and training them to serve Him. Awana Clubs International supplies programs, materials and training for more than 12,000 churches in over 110 countries. Their message to churches is simple: We’re here to serve you with a ministry that is all about fun with a purpose – to win and grow kids for Christ!
Reaching our young people is very important. Did you know that 85% of all people who do not accept Jesus Christ by age 18 never will? That’s why Awana offers a series of clubs and programs geared to the needs of a particular age or grade. As a vital part of our local church ministry, Awana clubs and programs effectively reach young people with the good news of Jesus Christ.
Each Awana ministry (Cubbies, Sparks, and Truth & Training) is divided into three general areas: Game Time, Handbook Time, and Lesson Time. Children are encouraged to memorize scripture and are taught about Jesus and how to live a Christian life.
- Cubbies- This is a preschool ministry for 3 & 4 year olds. A child must be 3 years old prior to September 1st. The Team Leader for Cubbies is Kathy Amerson.
- Sparks – This is the early elementary ministry for children in kindergarten through 2nd grade. The Team Leader for Sparks is Carrie Nielsen.
- T & T – Also known as “Truth & Training,” this is a ministry for 3rd through 5th grade students. Lois Ward is the Team Leader for T & T.
- Game Time- All Awana ministries have a time of activity each week. Sparks and Truth & Training have the opportunity to compete against other Awana clubs in the annual Awana Games. Shaun Nielsen and his team facilitate our game time.
- AWANA Bible Quizzing- A regional event for Awana where children in 3rd grade and up from various Awana clubs meet to see how well they have learned their verses and Awana material.
- Missions- Adopt-a-Club is just one way that Awana participates in missions activities. Adopt-a-Club allows our children to help children in another country attend Awana. This year we are supporting clubs in Venezuela and Bolivia.
Click AWANA SPRING 2014 SCHEDULE to download the AWANA 2014 Spring Schedule.